Yanay may have started life as a brunette but she loves her new lighter locks. It’s not the first time she went blonde so she knows the added attention she’s about to get! The Cuban native decided to become a DJ when she would go out and didn't like the music that was being played. Music is a big part of her life as is the city she now calls home. “I love New York and I’ll never leave.”
- BORN BRUNETTE IN: Cuba
- INSPIRED BY: “My mom. She gives me an immense drive to persevere and she makes me believe I can do anything.”
- ON BEING A BLONDE: ”Makes me feel like I have a little more pep in my step, a little more bouncy.”
- HER BLONDE IDOL: Mariah Carey
- ASPIRES TO BE: Singer and songwriter
SEE WHAT MAKES YANAY OUR BLONDE IDOL
YANAY’S BLONDE IDOL REGIMEN
GET HER STYLE
STEP 1: PRIME
STEP 2: STYLE
- Blend 2-3 drops of Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine and a dime-sized amount of align 12 protective smoothing lotion and apply evenly to hair.
Usage tip: To ensure even distribution, comb or brush through ends.
- Make a center part, then use a large boar-bristle round brush to blow-dry hair silky smooth.
- Using a large curling iron, wrap mid-lengths and ends around the barrel (direct sections away from the face).
- Pin each section and allow to cool.
- When hair is cool, apply 1-2 more drops of Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine throughout and smooth hair into place with a boar-bristle brush.
- Finish with fashion work 12 versatile hairspray for 24-hour humidity resistance and 8-hour control.
STEP 3: EXTEND